Amid Pandemic Write for Us – This year, a new word influenced by the coronavirus seems to have emerged every few days. So it should not be surprising that one has been given more attention than the rest. Following a sharp rise in usage during the spread of Covid-19, Collins Dictionary announced Tuesday that “lockdown” will be its Word of the Year in 2020.
According to lexicographers, The term was chosen because it had come to symbolize what people worldwide were going through as governments tried to stop the coronavirus epidemic.
For the billions of individuals who have had to work together to stop the spread of Covid-19, it is a uniting experience, according to publishers Harper Collins.
According to Collins, the word “lockdown” was used more than a quarter of a million times in 2020 compared to 4,000 times the year before.
Six of Collins’ ten words of the year for 2020 are connected to the worldwide health crisis due to how the epidemic has impacted language usage in everyday contexts.
- The broader list of the top 10 words of the year also includes “lockdown” and “key worker,” as well as the terms “coronavirus,” “social distancing,” “self-isolate,” and “furlough.”
- The term “key worker” has witnessed a 60-fold rise in popularity, illustrating the significance placed on occupations that are perceived as crucial to society this year.
- The worldwide epidemic, according to Helen Newstead, a language expert at Collins, “has dominated 2020.”
Myths About Coronaviruses Busted
The list, which has already appeared in online versions of the English lexicon, also considers significant social and political changes beyond the virus.
Black Lives Matter protests swept the globe and raised awareness of the cause when US police shot and killed unarmed black man George Floyd while he was in their custody.
Following the protests, the acronym “BLM,” frequently used as a hashtag on social media, was widely utilized in conversations and reportage, with Collins noting a 581 percent increase in usage.
Should Black Lives Matter Demonstrations Take Place In Hong Kong?
New terms are routinely added to the lexicon as a result of social media.
Collins has added the term “TikToker” this year to designate someone who posts material on the TikTok social media network.
The term “Mukbang,” which describes a South Korean craze in which video bloggers consume copious amounts of food in recordings shared with their fans, has also been included.
How to Submit Your Articles?
For Submitting Your Articles, you can email us at contact@Smartdiethealth.com
Why Write for Your Smart Diet Health – Amid Pandemic Write for Us
- It is one of the best guest blogging sites with high-quality content and domain authority.
- At In Health Blog, we provide an opportunity to “write for us” for people who are really into writing and have excellent writing skills.
- Health Things always welcome new writers who want to guest post, Sponsor Post, or contribute articles regularly.
- Guest Bloggers are always welcome here contact@Smartdiethealth.com
- Here are the details you may find helpful to team up with us for Guest Posting.
- Discover the guest posting requirements and the procedure to submit a guest post to us.
Guidelines of the Article – Amid Pandemic Write for Us
- Your article must be 100% plagiarism free and may only be reproduced on our blog.
- Your article can contain between 500 and 2000 words.
- The blog title must be attractive and contain less than 60 characters.
- The article must be easy to read and divided into sections (H1, H2 and H3) with all required subtitles.
- Provide an accurate highlight image in HD quality. You can insert additional images for the
You can send your article to contact@Smartdiethealth.com
Therapy Write for Us
Alternative Health Write for us
Health and Beauty Write for Us
Skin Care Write For Us
Alkaline diet write for us
Paleo Diet Write for Us
Wildfire smoke write for us
Migrant Health Write for us
Mobile Clinic Write for us
Dietitian Write for Us
Down Syndrome Write for Us
Duane Syndrome Write for Us
Gaucher Disease Write for Us
Hemochromatosis Write for Us
Trimethylaminuria Write for Us
Spinal Muscular Atrophy Write for Us
Turner Syndrome Write for Us
Fungal Meningitis Write for Us
Chronic Disease Write for Us
Health Sense write for Us
Lookfantastic Write for Us
Elite Beauty Write for Us
Contribution Health Plan Write for Us
NIA Write for Us
Healthy Aging Write for Us
Probiotics Write for Us
Bowel Syndrome Write for Us
Amid Pandemic Write for Us
Vegan Write for Us
Gut Health Write for Us
Crohn’s Disease Write for Us
Liver Transplant Write for Us
Prostate Cancer Write for Us
Abortion Surveillance Write for Us
Alcohol and Pregnancy Write for Us
Alpha-gal Syndrome Write for Us
Alzheimer’s Disease Write for Us
Amebiasis Intestinal Write for Us